Free travel home page with storage for your pictures and travel reports! login GLOBOsapiens - Travel Community GLOBOsapiens - Travel Community GLOBOsapiens - Travel Community
 Forgot password?
sign up

Top 3 members
Member snaps

Canada to Panama group posting on GLOBOsapiens

main group page      | members      | discussion      |

Can I leave and come back to Canada with my visa :( ???

Postings 1 - 3 of 3 


Joined: Aug 04
Points: 4
Posts: 1

Posted: 2004-08-23 00:34:00   


I am desperating. I can't reach the Canadian Ambassy to know if I can go back to France for Christmas. Maybe, you will be able to help me.

I arrived in Canada on May 30th with an opened working permit, valid until June 2005. I would like to visit my family in France for Christmas, but am not sure if I am allowed to leave Canada.

I know that when you are a tourist you're not allowed to come back in North America for 3 months when you leave a country. I don't want to lose my visa with going back to France.

So, where can I find that info? What do you think, allowed, risky? Thank you so much!

Reply    Reply with quote    Contact stefarma


View profile in a new window

Joined: Aug 04
Points: 129
Posts: 4

Posted: 2004-08-23 00:58:00   

Stephanie, I don't have the answer to your question, however, I think you would have better luck reaching the "Citizenship & Immigration Canada" office. Their official website is: and their website is available in French as well as English.

I used to live in the states and know in the US that we had to go to the US Immigration & Naturalization offices rather then the embassy, so I found Canada had similar office, and found their website that way.

Good luck and hope you make it home for Christmas w/out losing your work permit in Canada. :)

Reply    Reply with quote    Contact priggipisa


Joined: Jun 02
Points: 4110
Posts: 170

Posted: 2004-08-23 03:45:00   

Good health and high spirits!

where in Canada r u right now?

you can contact immigrantion and citizenship in any major city.

here is the link for it in French.

For information on citizenship and immigration 1 888 242-2100

(in Canada only)

call them and see what they say


Reply    Reply with quote    Contact ta-shy

  Terms and Conditions    Privacy Policy    Press    Contact    Impressum
  © 2002 - 2024 Findix Technologies GmbH Germany    Travel Portal Version: 5.0.0