This mock-Gothic building is the seat of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Court of Justice. Andrew Carnegie donated a large sum of money towards its construction in 1913. Member nations contributed towards the interior decoration.
When the court is not in session the palace can be visited. The tour focuses more on the building itself than on the workings of the court.
A visit is by guided tour only, which must be booked in advance either by e-mail or by phone.